Friday, August 27, 2010

Old Cole Vs. Old New Cole Vs. New Old Cole

Old Cole was bland but at least he looked like a badass.



Old New Cole may look like an asshole but at least he doesn't look like the zombie the original was.



Initially I was annoyed by the change but eventually got over it and realized they don't look 100% different. Old New Cole could kind of pass as a happier "I have powers and you don't" Cole...with hair.



New Old Cole...Yay!!!!!?????



When I first saw the newest iteration I was ecstatic. The more I thought about it, the more I hated it. This new Cole doesn't really look as badass as the original. He doesn't look as boring but he also looks more like your average person...if that makes sense. In some screen shots the newest Cole looks sick almost diseased. Now even if the best of the screen shots is what he will look like through out come launch, I have one big problem. They didn't change back the voice. The voice of Cole in Infamous 2 doesn't really match the current character model in my opinion.



I loved the first Infamous and trust Sucker Punch will deliver an even better experience than the first. I guess I'll eventually get use to Cole's voice with his current look. Funny after all this I still have to get use to it. I mean was it really worth complaining about the original character, about the second iteration, and now the third, if in the end it still isn't quite right?

4 comments:

  1. They've made a compromise without considering if he actually fits; and this iteration clearly doesn't.

    I hope they continue to adjust it and get it right, this could ruin a key part of an IP with tonnes of potential..

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a white supremacist lol sorry if I spelled that wrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first played Infamous, I was shocked at how ugly my character was (after the bomb), and held my disgusted look until after he was cleaned up. At which point my disgusted look was toned down (still ugly But not hideous).
    Why can't we at least get the option to play with the better "old new Cole"? When I first saw news of the old remodel I was ecstatic, and remained so until new new Cole was shown, and might I add he is the ugliest PC I will ever have played as.
    James Bond regularly gets actor changes, and there is no reason why Suckerpunch couldn't have cleaned up the mess they made in Infamous 1 with a cooler character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. who cares; let's worry weather or not the game will live up to each of our own expectations

    ReplyDelete